Comeback der Supra

Aktuelle News aus der Supra Welt! | News of the Supra Community!
Antworten
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal
Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von JackEnox »

"The Supra will be a pure sports car," said Tomoya. "To start, we must meet the expectations of our long-term fans. The previous Supra had a straight six engine, twin turbochargers and rear-wheel drive. These were important elements." The previous-generation Toyota Supra may have been discontinued in 2002, but its curvaceous styling, fine handling characteristics and ludicrous tuning ability have secured it a loyal fanbase across the globe.

A heavily camouflaged version of the Supra has already been spotted testing in Germany and Tomoya confirmed that Toyota engineers have indeed been developing the car alongside BMW colleagues in Munich. He also told Motor1.com that Toyota president Akio Toyoda, a keen driver and massive gearhead, has tested the vehicle and given feedback alterations on the suspension, explaining that the rear axle needed to be more mobile, but in a controllable way.
Tomoya confirmed the new Supra would boast a 50:50 weight distribution but would not get drawn into discussing a weight target of 3,306 pounds (1,500 kilograms) or of any hybrid applications. That said, he did say "hybrid technology will be necessary for the future sports car. It’s not just about prioritizing efficiency, but speed too. The key challenge we need to overcome is controlling the energy flow, the regeneration and keeping the weight low."

With knowledge of a burgeoning aftermarket in Supra performance parts, Gazoo Racing will begin to prepare a dedicated aftermarket business that will develop directly from the company’s racing activity. With other members of the press desperate to get five minutes with Mr. Toyoda, he left us with this: "I can’t tell you anything more except it’s going to be really cool!"

From a man who drives to work in a carbon-clad ‘97 Supra with 600 hp (447 kW), we’re happy to take his word for it.
1996er LHD TT AT - EU-Spec - BPU++
Bild
ANKRacing
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal

Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von ANKRacing »

JackEnox hat geschrieben:
SupraLatino hat geschrieben: With other members of the press desperate to get five minutes with Mr. Toyoda, he left us with this: "I can’t tell you anything more except it’s going to be really cool!"

From a man who drives to work in a carbon-clad ‘97 Supra with 600 hp (447 kW), we’re happy to take his word for it.

Das klingt ja schonmal hervorragend! :drinks:
phobos
JZA80 Forenprofi
JZA80 Forenprofi
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von phobos »

SupraLatino
JZA80 Frischling
JZA80 Frischling
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von SupraLatino »

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von JackEnox »

So are you saying Tada wants to keep the car as is but Akio and GR want more performance?
Tada doesnt mind adding more performance if hes given the budget to do so, but at this point GR has its own idea of what that is and at the same time theyre trying to meet Akio's demands... then you throw in the stupid non performance stuff and we start to have a real convoluted problem in the development cycle.

It's a nightmare for the engineers.

Basically Akio got in the car was like, it's not mkiv TT enough, and Tada goes "well, I did the best I could with my resources..." So, Akio goes to GR (his pet project) and says "hey, Tada needs help making this thing faster and more exciting," and GR goes "no problem" (because they have a damn near endless budget and they want to impress Akio), but then other people around Akio are like we can help make this better too! Problem is, car was already 95% complete and the plan was to add more power and test reliability and performance to prepare for production.

Now, it's back to the drawing board to a degree, which is what doomed the LF-A to being horrendously expensive; they remade that car 3x before someone was like holy shit we're cutting you off. Is it awesome? hell yeah. Was it competitive? Not for the price it wasnt... The new NSX is another example of bad management on this front.

If Tada is able to keep the car how he wants it we could still see a very competitive car for 55k with nearly all options. If he loses the battle, the car may perform better, but that pricetag wont stay the same; it will climb and climb. It's just that $65k is currently what the car will cost with some of these proposed changes.

You dont wait until someone has finished engineering something and just come in with multiple other teams and say we want all of this other stuff. This has been a recipe for disaster since the beginning of time...
http://www.supramkv.com/threads/realist ... 96/page-20
Bild
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Re: Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von JackEnox »

Sie wird also wieder wohl genauso teuer. ^^
Bild
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von JackEnox »

J29 (SPX):

Market name: (?) [nothing really confirmed, no official decision from Toyota marketing as of yet]
Market intro: early 2019 as 2019 model
(BMW has the right to introduce its new Z4 before Toyota introduces the SPX)
planned was 3rd quarter 2018, but pushed back due to BMW (Z4) and internal Toyota issues (see A70TTR's posts recently)​
US market models:
sDrive30i (inline 4-cyl 2.0l turbo charged B48 @ around 185 kW)
sDrive M40i (inline 6-cyl 3.0l turbo charged B58 @ around 283 kW)
EU market models:
sDrive20i (inline 4-cyl 2.0l turbo charged B48 @ around 145 kW)
sDrive30i (inline 4-cyl 2.0l turbo charged B48 @ around 185 kW)
sDrive M40i (inline 6-cyl 3.0l turbo charged B58 @ around 283 kW)
Transmission types: planned was AUT only, but A70TTR told us the MECH was tested recently
German source: 185 kW does have AUT only, 283 kW most probably too
There exists a prototype with MECH, but only for the entry level model (145 kW)​
Seats: 2
Toyota had shipped one of the prototypes (with Munich license plate; VIN: WBX [Magna]) to Japan.
German source confirmed no +2 in prototype, but enough room in the back to put +2 in.​

Pricing:
sDrive20i (145 kW; entry level; non-US) is aimed to start in Japan for around 3.850.000 Yen (29k €)
sDrive30i (285 kW; mid-level; US-entry-level): no word about this level, but will be somewhere in between 20i and M40i
sDrive M40i (283 kW; top level) is aimed to start in Japan for around 7.850.000 Yen (59k €)

Power/Engine: Engines are the same as Z4 (G29) with potential minor tweaks made by Toyota (don't expect a completely new engine; will be B48 and B58), no hybrid
Engineering: Internal tech is fully BMW, platform is BMW (future BMW models shall use the platform)

Reference sources:
SupraMKV.com: everything on here, special thanks to A70TTR
Bimmerpost: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpo ... ostcount=1
GT86Drivers.de: http://forum.gt86drivers.de/index.php?p ... post282849
http://www.supramkv.com/threads/collect ... o-far.684/
Bild
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott
Comeback der Supra

Beitrag von JackEnox »

toyota-gazoo-supra-larson-render.jpg
as to Akio's comments, my understanding is that the car was already going to have 380hp+/- to be competitive, so Akio's comments are likely more to do with handling and possibly adding some overall racing pedigree, but you have to wonder.
http://www.supramkv.com/threads/realist ... 96/page-22
Bild
Japanfanatic
JZA80 allwissendes Orakel
JZA80 allwissendes Orakel
Danksagung erhalten: 37 Mal

Beitrag von Japanfanatic »

Da wird wohl ordentlich mit dem Cayman gebanchemarked

Bj. 12/2000 Supra RZ - Japanische Ausführung
1B9 - Quicksilver FX - Silver Metallic Graphite

Public Relations e.V.
JackEnox
JZA80 Halbgott
JZA80 Halbgott

Beitrag von JackEnox »

Schon geil, dahinter in der einen Szene direkt ein 911 GT3 RS so wie es aussieht. Den Cayman sollte der neue Supra allerdings locker schaffen nach den Aussagen von Akio das er jetzt noch mehr Power bekommen soll etc. (380 ps sind es wohl jetzt schon)

Cayman S 350ps auf 1430kg (EG) vs. Supra MKV 380ps auf 1500kg (??).
Bild
Antworten